Gillibrand Primary School...
high standards...high status...high expectations
At Gillibrand Primary School we encourage our children to be happy, to be confident and to believe that they can succeed. To achieve this, our curriculum embraces:
Community – our school sees itself as a central part of the community.
Arts and Culture – developing an appreciation for Music, Drama, Dance, Art and Cultural Diversity.
Aspirations – enabling all pupils to encounter possibilities that they may aspire to.
We strive for:
high standards from everyone involved in the school;
high status for every person as an individual
high expectations of every one as they strive to be the best they can be
The aims of Gillibrand Primary School are:
- to teach the knowledge and skills relevant to the individual needs of all our pupils.
- to develop positive attitudes towards learning so that our pupils may grow in confidence and strive for even greater levels of achievement.
- to provide a caring environment where self-discipline, respect for others and good manners are valued and encouraged.
- to provide an exciting, stimulating and challenging curriculum that is broad and balanced.
- to develop positive links with parents, governors, children, staff and the wider community to enable the school to play a full and active role in the community which it serves.
- to celebrate successes.
- Learning from Our Mistakes
- Pride in our School