Gillibrand Primary School
high standards... high status... high expectations
At Gillibrand we have reviewed our mission statement with the children, governors, staff and parents to reflect the opportunities provided by the New Curriculum and to highlight what makes our school different.
Our Curriculum Drivers are:
Arts and Culture
Our aim is to plan for and deliver our curriculum with relentless consistency so that over time we can make a real impact on academic standards and our children’s personal development.
We strive for:
high standards from everyone involved in the school;
high status for every person as an individual and
high expectations of every child as they strive to further develop their knowledge, skills & understanding and build on their previous successes.
The aims of Gillibrand Primary School are:
- to teach the knowledge and skills relevant to the individual needs of all our pupils.
- to develop positive attitudes towards learning so that our pupils may grow in confidence and strive for even greater levels of achievement.
- to provide a caring environment where self-discipline, respect for others and good manners are valued and encouraged.
- to provide an exciting, stimulating and challenging curriculum that is broad and balanced.
- to develop positive links with parents, governors, children, staff and the wider community to enable the school to play a full and active role in the community which it serves.
- to celebrate achievement.